It is often easy to look at celebrities assuming that their lives consist exclusively of wining, dining and socialising.
However, many celebrities actually have diabetes yet never appear to allow having this condition interfere with their aspirations, goals and ambitions.
The following celebrities all had some risk factors for diabetes, but many were still shocked to hear the diagnosis. They’ve all made healthy changes in their lives. Also now many speak out about the dangers diabetes.
- The Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry has made some controversy with her diabetes diagnosis. She found out about her diabetes in 1989 when she went into an diabetic coma during a taping of the TV show Living Dolls.
- Sherri Shepherd has had a bumpy road in life, with her divorce, then add a diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes.
- Mary Tyler Moore has been a champion for diabetes ever since.
- Tony Bennett has made a career in the music industry for over 50 years, despite his diagnosis with Type 1 diabetes.
- B.B. King also a member of the diabetes club.
- The original diva of R&B, Patti LaBelle was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 2005
- We all love Paula Deen and her cooking. She announced her diabetes diagnosis and proceeded to lose weight to go with that.
- Salma Hayek developed gestational diabetes while pregnant with her daughter Valentina.